Oceanbolt Data Platform For Maritime Authorities and Marine Planning
Port Call Optimization
Oceanbolt's operational data insights can assist Port Authorities and Coastal Authorities to understand vessel movement patterns surrounding a port call in greater detail. This opens opportunities for implementing policies for optimization of port calls.
Policy makers can utilize Oceanbolt's insights to gain a better and more accurate understanding of the trade flows that originate or arrive in a country or region. This can form the basis for better and more efficient trade policy and inform infrastructural investment decisions.
Oceanbolt's geospatial processing tools and algorithms can facilitate for a greater understanding of how shipping is impacting marine life in coastal zones or in Marine Protected Areas. Metrics available include time spent in Marine Protected Areas by vessels passing through, and average speed of a vessel while crossing a protected zone.
Oceanbolt voyage level trade flow data can form the basis for CO2/GHG emissions calculations using established standards such as the EEOI measures used by EMSA.
- Maritime spatial planning
- Understand the spatial impact of vessel movements in your country or region
- Emissions benchmarking
- Track how CO2/GHG emissions develop in your region from dry bulk trade
- Trade lane analysis
- Decompose trading partners, commodities and operational statistics for better maritime policies
- Infrastructure traffic & congestion
- Illuminate hidden bottlenecks in your maritime infrastructure to better plan traffic and minimize congestion